2011 Was an eventful year and 2012 is sure to be as well! We are getting things off to a great start with several informative and fun classes and support groups. As always we are also anxious to get your feedback and ideas so we can make this truly a community effort. Here is the schedule of events for January:
January Classes and Support Groups
Classes are free, but space is limited,
so please call445-4499 to RSVP
(Description of classes and groups, to follow)
Tuesday January 10th 7pm: “Financial Planning for families” class with Stephanie Waterman and Lori Ragsdale
Thursday January 12h 7pm: “Evening of Empowerment: A Goal Setting Workshop” Part 1 with Dr. Scott Walker
Saturday January 14th 2pm: Families in the Raw support group, this month’s theme is gardening
Thursday January 19th 7pm : “Evening of Empowerment: A Goal Setting Workshop” Part 2 with Dr. Scott Walker ($20 charge at the door for goal workbook, $15 in advance)
Tuesday January 24t 7pm: “Using your home as an investment.” Class with Rick Gomez
Thursday January 26th 7pm: “A Little Spring Cleansing” class with David Francis, Holistic Nutritionist
Saturday January 28th 2pm: “The next 9 months” support group, theme: baby proofing your home
Tuesday January 31st 7pm : “Bellies” support group, birth plans and doulas
Support Group and Class Descriptions:
• Class: “Getting an Early Start on Life”. When we are planning a family or starting a family, providing for them financially can seem daunting at times, especially as we look towards future plans such as college education and retirement. We may even wonder at times if there is any way we will EVER be able to retire.re.
This interactive and informative class will focus on the importance of life insurance as part of a financial plan for young families and also talk about saving for education and retirement. Husbands and Wives are invited and there will be plenty of time alotted for your specific questions as well.
This interactive and informative class will focus on the importance of life insurance as part of a financial plan for young families and also talk about saving for education and retirement.
• Class: “Evening of Empowerment Parts 1 and 2: Finding Certainty in Uncertain Times, a Goal Setting Workshop.”:
By now you’ve made your New Year’s resolutions. If you’re on track, congratulations! Unfortunately most resolutions don’t make it much further than a fleeting remark made on December31st.
This year we’ve made it our resolution to help you reach yours! Your goals and dreams can become a reality! Join us for a powerful educational session, Evening of Empowerment: A Goal Setting Workshop and learn how to set goals and create an action plan for ultimate results in every area of your life! This year we’ve made it our resolution to help you reach yours! Your goals and dreams can become a reality! Join us for this powerful educational session and learn how to set goals and create an action plan for ultimate results in every area of your life!
Each attendee receives a goal setting workbook and motivational tools and ideas to empower you to achieve your dreams and your goals!
This is a two part workshop. The workshop itself is free, and the workbook will cost $20 at the door, or $15 if paid for in advance. Space is limited, so please RSVP Today!
• Families in the Raw: This is the group where life happens. The purpose of this group is to provide information, support, and fellowship with families who have chosen natural living of some type, whether it be gardening, organic eating and shopping, cloth diapering, breastfeeding, natural childbirth, or any other type of natural living. We all have something to bring and by sharing our experiences and wisdom we will all learn. This month our theme will be gardening tips and tricks.
• Class: “Using Your Home as an Investment”: This will be an informative and dynamic class for anyone who currently owns a home or hopes to buy a home in the future. Learn the ins and outs of using your current home as an investment or purchasing your future one with investment in mind.
• Class: “A Little Spring Cleansing”: Purification or cleanse programs are becoming more common and can have a significant, positive effect on the biochemistry of your body while allowing natural toxins and byproducts of daily metabolism to be eliminated. By participating in a purification program you can expect improved weight management results, increased energy/vitality, better digestion, less bloating, clearer skin, shinier hair, better sleep, clearer thinking, and disappearance or lessening of past conditions.
• The Next 9 Months: This is a support group for any mom who has had a baby within the last 9 (or up to 12) months. In January our theme is baby proofing your home. Come and share your tips and tricks and most importantly enjoy visiting with other moms and making friends.
• Bellies group: this is a support group for any pregnant mom in the Corpus Christi bay area. We will have periodic guest speakers, we will have discussion about common pregnancy concerns and planning for baby, and most importantly, plenty of time to visit and make friends with other pregnant moms. In January we will discuss birth plans and doulas.
Meet the teachers:
• Stephanie Waterman has been in the insurance industry since 1989. She has owned her own Farmers Insurance agency for over 11 years. The Farmers Insurance agency is the largest in the Corpus Christi area and one of the largest in Texas. What this says to the consumer is that people buy insurance from her agency and stay! Stephanie prides herself in the high level of customer service that is offered to her insured’s.
• Lori Ragsdale grew up in Corpus Christi and graduated from TCU in Ft. Worth. After college she moved to Nebraska where her 3 children were born. She was a stay at home Mom for awhile while her children were young and then became involved in health related industries. She has a passion for helping young families so insurance and financial services was a natural fit for her. Her goal is to educate people on the importance of planning financially for the future in a way that best suits individual needs
• David Francis, clinical nutritionist: David is a degreed nutritionist with experience in public and private clinical settings. With a firm belief in the power of following the laws of nature, David focuses on the incorporation of whole, unprocessed foods into the diet with the intention of building strong and healthy bodies, minds and spirits…
• Dr. Scott G. Walker, D.C.: Dr. Scott Walker graduated from Parker Chiropractic College in 1997. In1999 Dr. Walker moved to Corpus Christi Texas with his family to establish a family practice and eventually, a complete Chiropractic Wellness Center. Over the past several years, Family Wellness Chiropractic Center has focused hard to improve the health and well-being of every man, woman, and child that has walked or been carried through its doors. Dr. Walker’s practice is a complete family practice, which means that you will see families of all ages receiving care every day in the office. Beyond practice Dr. Walker is a lecturer and educational speaker.
• Rick Gomez, Real Estate Broker: Rick Gomez was born and raised in Corpus Christi, TX. He graduated in 2002 from Belhaven College in Jackson, MS where he received his degree in Theology. He began investing in Real Estate by purchasing his first home in his second year of college, and has continued ever since. In 2006 he acquired his Real Estate license and has been dedicated to his continuing education ever since by obtaining his CRS (Certified Residential Specialist), GRI (Graduate of the Realtor Institute), ABR (Accredited Buyer’s Representative), SRES (Senior Real Estate Specialist), e-PRO (Internet and Technology Pro), ALHS (Accredited Luxury Home Specialist) and most recently SFR (Short Sales and Foreclosures Resource). Combined with his dedication to his professional knowledge, Rick stays heavily involved in his community by being a member of the Board of Crime stoppers, President of a local chapter of BNI (Business Network International), and an active participant in his local religious organization. He also started and leads a weekly lunch for some of the top agents in his region from other companies. In addition to Gomez Gabriel Real Estate he currently owns and operates Rent Corpus Management, which is a company specializing in comprehensive and conscientious property management. He has two young children and extended family and as such is completely invested in the safety and growth of his community. Rick focuses on being an aggressive, goal-oriented agent by actively pursuing a successful conclusion for his buyers and sellers with his innovative advertising and marketing, team concept, and strong work ethic